Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Green light...

Well... I had my doc appt today (well, the nurse practitioner-- close enough) and I seem to be all set.

I was told not to drink (no duh) and to make sure I get enough protein (like eating meat has EVER been a hardship for me) and to start taking some sort of prenatal vitamin that has at least 1mg Folic acid-- easy enough. My BP and all that was in good order and she had no comments on the weight thing other than to be sure that I was eating healthy-- and I do alright with that, so yay!

Thankfully I am all up to date on the vaccine front-- no more shots for a bit. Though I will say, this last tetanus one was not as miserable as the last one... I was sore for 4 days, but really only annoyingly so for about 24 hrs-- a definite improvement. She asked if wanted the Gardasil-- but my insurance doesn't cover it (its over $300 for the shots) and I am a married woman in a monogamous relationship so its really not an issue. So she said I could do it if I strongly wanted it, but saw no real reason to recommend it-- so I will not be doing that. I think I want to watch a little longer on follow up studies before I sign up for that one. (We started the research for that vaccine right here over 20 years ago in the Gittlen Institute-- its actually the project the whole department was founded around!)

So she told me to come on in for the next round if I miss a period and wished me luck... so one more hurdle down! I still want to try and lose another 10ish pounds-- but I am halfway to my goal-- so all in all-- that doesn't look too bad either!

5 comments:

MotherB said...

Well, there you go!

S. said...

Wowee! Sounds like a good appt! So tell me more about this time frame! And congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Interesting about the gardisil. I am glad M. is still young so we have a long time to decide on that one!

Unknown said...

Jesse,

Make me some nephews...Its looking like ol' Uncle John might not be having any kids...so I'm gonna have to spoil yours...

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MotherB said...

No, no, not yet.....just the planning stages. And John, what are you going to do if she gives you nieces instead of nephews? Will that make you an Aunt instead of an Uncle?