Thursday, May 10, 2007

The end of an era



Nothing too exciting today to share, but I do have a couple of pictures from wings night last night.

We have decided that wings night at shakey's may be coming to an end after many years-- The prices go up... (ok, so 15cent wings is still phenomenal, but $1.50 for a little plastic cup of coors light is ridiculous) and now we can't even take home leftovers-- I mean, I can understand them not wanting you to order 50 wings and immediately pack them all up and leave-- but if the minimum order is 12 and I eat 6-- they now want me to throw the rest away?!?! That makes no sense at all. So here is a pic from one of the last wings nights and of Jackie's creative "container". Have no fear-- we are still getting together, we just figured we can get better beer and all for the same or less if we all kick in $5 a week and take turns having it at peoples houses. We'll all be better off for the lack of smoke and loud lousy music. So if you have any good wings recipes, let me know! (I only know what I remember from working at McCoy's-- deep fried drive-in goodness coated in "butter-like substance" mixed with Frank's red-hot.)

3 comments:

MotherB said...

And the photos? Where are the photos? I live vicariously through other peoples interesting lives and I NEED PHOTOS! LOL

Nancy said...

You don't see the photos Mary Kay?!?!? Maybe you should lay off the juice during the day.

You guys will have more fun alternating houses. Same great company, but better food and you can actually hear each other talking.

MotherB said...

MocktailCocktail Recipe

Lemon juice
Pomegranate juice
Club soda

Vodka if desired

Tall glass of ice. Lemon slice or wedge to garnish. Tart and tasty! And no, I didn't have mine with vodka.