Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A timeline?

A couple people have asked me about a timeline for the whole "when will we see a grandbaby/niece/nephew/cute baby I can borrow/girl so I can get it dresses like this really cute one I saw at this store.../boy so he can use stored up clothing/little mathers" thing?

I can't give a really clear timeline, life doesn't work that way!-- so that's out.

I hope to have a clearer picture after next Thursday about how much longer I will be in school and doing lab work etc-- and from there I may develop more of a timeline-- but for now, what Craig and I have discussed is anything from this point on is good-- I have the health stuff cleared up and yes mom, I am on folic acid-- so that's all set. I think ideally we are figuring mid to late summer and then--- well, last time I checked its 9ish or so months til they're ready. This of course assumes that things go normally and work out from the beginning and that one is all up to God, not us. So I guess in happy fantasy land-- we'll have grown a family in the next year or so-- but who knows what tomorrow will bring. All that "the best laid plans of mice and men" stuff-- and I for one know plans don't turn out so well for most mice!

5 comments:

MotherB said...

I think it may have been John Lennon who said Man plans. God Laughs.

MotherB said...

By the way, add some calcium to the folic acid. And a conventional pregnancy is 40 weeks to full term.

Nancy said...

When I was doing this "trying to get pregnant" thing over a decade ago, I was told the father should also take folic acid. Do they still suggest this? I was told this after I got pregnant, so this caused me to freak out because Jim wasn't taking any.

S. said...

OK, if you want a boy, so you can put those clothes to use, you know what they say to do! haha...maybe we will have an unusually big Vietnamese baby who will grow out of her clothes quickly and it won't be an issue. Do you have Taking Charge of your Fertility? Apparently it is the Bible of TTC. That part was easy for us...the hard part was keeping them in. Thrilled for you both...pretty cool we might have cousins around the same age! (well, sort of!)

MotherB said...

And another good thing: maternity clothes no longer look like camping tents with bows at the neck!