Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This Weekend~

On Friday, Craig and I went to Ellie's going away party. After a very rocky beginning 3 years earlier and an enlightening trip to Spain and France with 15 underclassmen, Ellie and I became friends and even roomates senior year and then a fabulous bridesmaid just a few months ago! I was very lucky that when I moved to Hershey, Ellie was working and living near by in Harrisburg- it gave a friend here from day one-- and one who knows great restaurants! Ellie has now recieved an absolutely amazing job offer-- but she has to move to Orlando--- so its time for her to move. Her going away party was at Appalachian Brew Company-- so Craig got some tasty beer (I had ale... ginger ale) and we snacked for a while and played some pool. Ellie had loads of guests, so we didn't get too much of a chance to talk-- so we're going out later this week for dinner so I can get all the news on her new job and home and all that! I am sad Ellie's leaving-- but she'll be back to visit (her parents live in Harrisburg) and she's said I can come visit her and Mickey anytime!

Saturday Craig and I drove up to Hazleton to visit Pappy. We went to the Park Diner(in Shenandoah?) for lunch-- the Park is somewhere if you drove by you would never never never ever go in. Its tiny and mismatched and kinda seedy looking -- its an old-time diner-- not in the cheesy recreate a diner that looks old-- it actually IS old. The food though is AMAZING. IT is run by a very nice couple and it has been in her family for years. They make the most wonderful rice pudding I have ever had-- and all the other food is pretty darn good too! When we go up to visit Pappy we usually eat there.

Sunday Craig did some more work on edging the gardens with brick and I washed out the comforter and hung it to dry (those things get VERY heavy when wet!) Other than that, I worked on the latest cake (the coconut cake recipe filled with vanilla pastry cream and fresh strawberries, topped with whipped cream for Kristin's (in my lab) birthday. I unfortunately do not have a picture of this cake-- we ate it too quickly! But I was told by my lab that this was their favorite of my cakes so far!

1 comment:

MotherB said...

About that cake.....a link to the recipe, maybe?

And Ellie is one of the nicest young women I know. I will miss her....and maybe I can go visit Mickey, too! LOL