Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Random Nonsense and (no)news

OK, so 1 day with no post and I get complaints... so here is a post.













haha... I bet you thought that was all you were getting-- I will ramble some more though!

I am working on planning a bridal shower for a friend this weekend-- she requested not a really dressy shower... in fact she requested it be a "jeans" kinda time-- woooohoooo! So I have to bake the cake (no big surprise there) and I am taking votes on what kind to make--

White Cream of Coconut Cake with Citrus curd filling
Chocolate Cake with Mocha Silk filling
Extra Moist Yellow Buttermilk Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Strawberry Filling

Some other mix of the cake flavors and fillings?
(Or maybe this one?)
Any votes? Any other suggestions? I am most likely to cover the thing in some sort of fondant for class practice-- but the inside is the important part anyway!

Tonight my friends Kim and Katie are coming over for dinner-- we try to get together at least once a month to do this-- we split the meal meat, sides, and dessert-- and this is my turn to make meat. If its not raining and above freezing I am making barbecue chicken on the grill.... if it is cold and raining I'll be making foil packet baked barbecue chicken. No news on dessert yet-- but Kim usually brings 2 so it should be good!

1 comment:

MotherB said...

OK, cute as it is, the one you link to is a little over the top for me.

I'm in for the yellow with strawberry as a first choice, with chocolate with mocha as a back up.

And who gave you grief about not posting today?

8-)