Friday, April 13, 2007

Cake Course #3 Cake #1

The latest cake. all fondant and yes it is very very yellow. Also you can see here my first fondant rose. I still need some work, but I am pretty happy with it overall. We were pretty good this week and did follow the directions for the most part... well... everyone else made a white cake but still... and I did all the little flowers to the side, but something had to be done to tone down that yellow. (next time it needs to be a prettier pastel color to go with the others!)

too bad fondant isn't too tasty-- but this cake is a yellow buttermilk cake with a strawberry butter cream filling... so the inside should be good at least! I REALLY recommend this cake recipe, its super simple, very flavorful and moist too--- Craig even did the baking this time-- and it still turned out great!

2 comments:

MotherB said...

No digs at Craig's cooking and baking skills. I had the broccoli and he did a marvelous job.

On the other hand, that really is YELLOW yellow, isn't it? And the rose is lovely.

S. said...

"And it still turned out great"

haha!