Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter flubs

So in addition to the pretty pics and fancy food-- there were a few snafus -- the biggest being the creation of "loch mathers" in our cellar. Ah yes, some sort of voodoo force my parents bring with them leads to the explosion of major disasters of home ownership. Previously the ceiling opened up and flooded the hallway and this time we got a lake.

Long story short... all those dishes and pots and pans from cooking had to be washed.. only the drain line was backed up and all that dirty soapy water ended up pooling to 6 inches deep in the basement. ugh. Thankfully Dad was here and he and Craig figured out how to suck all the water out of the basement and then snaked the drain in the floor and dug out.... somehow... a piece of duct tape?!?!?!! How the heck did duct tape end up down our drain? ugh, what a mess, but Craig got it all cleaned up and it seems to be better now.

other than that, anyone need some mashed potatoes???? we have a TON! (seriously, 6lbs of mashed potatoes serving 4 people... I've got loads!) I'd make flitch, but these have horseradish in them... and I can't see that being good with sugar and peanut butter. (nor can I see flitch being good for my waistline!) but it is sooo yummy.

3 comments:

MotherB said...

Ya know, your dad and I wonder if you SAVE some disasters for when we are coming in, you know, just so Craig can learn a new skill. Next time, he can just ASK for some advice, rather than create these fun learning opportunities! LOL

S. said...

Well, I am sure it is too late to use the potatos...but I bet you could have made some sort of savory potato pancake type things? Maybe? Ugghhh what a mess in the basement...I guess there are occasional advantages to living in Fl.!

MotherB said...

I suggested adding some egg and scallions to the 'taters, but that got a wrinkled nose! On the other hand, I bet Murph would have liked them.