Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Cake!

Here is the cake I made this weekend for the Bridal Shower. I am still working on the whole film-making thing, but this one is not as shaky as the last one. I used the same yellow cake recipe I referred to before and then made a stabilized whipped cream to fill and frost. I also sliced til I had about 2.5 cups of strawberries and put some sugar on them til they were softened a little and leaked juice. I split the layers, filled them with the whipped cream then topped with a good handful of strawberries and then stuck the next layer on and did the same again. I had made the roses and leaves from fondant the night before and let them dry, then arranged them on the cake just before I put it out. I would be cautious about using fondant on whipped cream for any cake that has to sit-- as the moisture of the whipped cream can liquefy the fondant into a sticky oozy mess.

2 comments:

MotherB said...

Looks pretty yummy and not too bad for an early effort at the video thing. I imagine it tasted pretty good too.....and everyone loved it, right?

S. said...

It looks beautiful, and I bet it tasted delicious!